- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life (Barbara Kingsolver, 2007)
- (The) Circle of Simplicity: Return to the Good Life (Cecile Andrews, 1997)
- Eating Animals (Jonathan Safran Foer, 2009)
- Edible Schoolyard: A Universal Idea (Alice Waters, 2008)
- (The) Green Gardeners Guide (Joe Lamp’l, 2008)
- Not Just a Pretty Face: The Ugly Side of the Beauty Industry (Stacy Malkan, 2007)
- Plastic-Free: How I Kicked the Plastic Habit and How You Can Too (Beth Terry, 2012)
- Slow Death by Rubber Duck (Rick Smith & Bruce Lourie, 2009)
- Super Natural Home: Improve Your Health, Home, and Planet–One Room at a Time (Beth Greer, 2009)
Campaign for Safe Cosmetics
A national coalition of nonprofit health and environmental organizations, whose goal is to protect the health of consumers and workers by securing the corporate, regulatory and legislative reforms necessary to eliminate the use of chemicals linked to cancer, birth defects and other serious health concerns, and replace them with safer alternatives.
Environmental Working Group
The mission of the Environmental Working Group (EWG) is to use the power of public information to protect public health and the environment. EWG is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, founded in 1993.
Help Others with a Smile Card
Kindness is contagious! Anonymously make someone smile with a random act of kindness—leave behind a “Smile Card” asking them to keep the ripple going. It’s easy and fun.
Shopper’s Guide to Pesticides
Download this EWG guide so when you’re shopping you’ll know which produce to buy organic, and which conventionally-grown fruits and vegetables are okay if organic isn’t available.